Field shelter pent roof 12ft x 24ft
Entrance size’s and location’s are flexible please state upon order your requirements Contact Us
*Framework 75mm x 50mm (3”x2”) pressure treated
*Weatherboard cladding 15mm x 125mm pressure treated
*Kickboards inside 1.2 high 11mm OSB
*Roof joists 125mm x 50mm P.A.R pressure treated
*Black onduline fitted to the onduline specifications to guarantee for 15 years
Can be made mobile with the addition of our timber or galvanised steel skids
All timber used is pressure treated
We are frequently asked by customers what is pressure treated or tanalised timber, and what are the benefits of using it over untreated timber? Pressure treated timber is produced by forcing a chemical preservative into the wood. The timber is placed into a pressure treatment tank where the treatment is applied with pressure. This penetrates deep into the timber, which makes the timber more durable, and able to withstand exposure to the elements and moisture. The treatment extends the lifespan of the wood, making it more cost effective in the long run over untreated timber.
What are the benefits of Pressure Treated Timber?
- Pressure treated timber protects against rot, decay, insect and fungal attack.
- Especially durable for outside projects where timber is exposed to the elements and moisture.
- Extends the longevity of the timber.
- It is an economical choice. Treated timber only costs a little more than untreated timber, so by using the treated version, you are less likely to have to replace it when used in the correct application.
- Low maintenance. The treatment protects the timber for many years, but it is also recommended that you retreat the timber from time to time to protect its longevity.
- Environmentally friendly and non toxic to animals.